POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Small, regular flame (~26kB) : Re: Small, regular flame (~26kB) Server Time
20 Aug 2024 00:09:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Small, regular flame (~26kB)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 25 Sep 2000 18:16:14
Message: <39cfceae@news.povray.org>
A couple of things to point out.
'no_shadow' isn't needed when using rgbt (transmit) color vector for the
container object pigment, only rgbf (filter) can cast shadows.
The filter used in both your 'emission' and 'scattering' isn't a part of
their syntax so don't use anything except rgb<#,#,#>.

In the 'light_source' it would be a very good idea to use 'fade_distance D'
(D=some unit # for scale of scene) and 'fade_power 2' so that there is a
brighter inner region and dimmer outer region.  And since light sources
interact with media by default the light might be better suited using the
media container as a 'looks_like' instead of unioned as you now have it.
Although, unless 'media_attenuation' is set to on in the light I don't think
it matters unless 'absorption' is used in the media.
Disclaimer: I've been known to be wrong before.
Anyway, for a brighter flame object you'll want to increase emission, or
lower scattering (and/or density).  For brighter illumination you'll need to
increase the lights color vector, of course.

Bob