POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Noisy thoughts : Re: Noisy thoughts Server Time
1 Sep 2024 22:16:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Noisy thoughts
From: Tony[B]
Date: 25 Sep 2000 11:24:30
Message: <39cf6e2e@news.povray.org>
> Then I intend to add
> keywords in global settings to allow people to choose between improved
> mp and mine, and between range fixed or not. What kind of keywords would
> you prefer?

First, off, thank you for trying to improve something even though everyone
else thinks it's working fine already. This kind of experimentation brings
new and better things.

The synxtax I see is this: noise {method 0/1/2 fixed_range/range on/off}

If you don't use fixed_range, then you don't have to go about adding more
keywords.