POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Fortress of Torganswall (160 kb) : Re: The Fortress of Torganswall (160 kb) Server Time
20 Aug 2024 00:17:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Fortress of Torganswall (160 kb)
From: Rune
Date: 25 Sep 2000 11:11:39
Message: <39cf6b2b@news.povray.org>
"Marc-Hendrik Bremer" wrote:
> Here is the scene Pic I work on.

I like it!

> It refuses to look imposing or something like that.

Like Tom said, try lowering the camera to eye-level.

> I want to look it good as independent of these things as possible.

Hmm... You can't expect to make a building that will look imposing no matter
from which angle it is shown.

The walls could need improvements. Are the stones just lit very brightly or
did you use a slope pattern to place snow on top of them? I don't think snow
will stick to a wall like that. Either it sticks to the whole wall or not at
all (I think). Also, the stones seem to be placed in some blue-greyish
mortar. Try to make the stones more visible and the mortar less visible.

By the way, it's some very nice Danish flags you have there! 8-D

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated August 7)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org