POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Ice Planet (final?) [111k] : Re: Ice Planet (final?) [111k] Server Time
20 Aug 2024 00:09:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ice Planet (final?) [111k]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 23 Sep 2000 00:16:36
Message: <39cc2ea4@news.povray.org>
"David Fontaine" <dav### [at] faricynet> wrote in message

| It looks washed out. I think the snow needs higher specular and the
| rockface lower...
| The tracks are kinda cheap but it's the best I can do.
|
| I'm probably overly self-critical though. Does it look like it has
| progressed?

Self criticism can be either a good or bad thing.
Assuming this were an adjusted photo or as seen through a helmet then it
looks fine to me.
Except for one minor detail.  The lightness of the domes shadowed areas is
brighter than that of the snow.  Common sense says the snow should be the
brighter of the two things even though the dome gets more ambience from the
surroundings, since it is a shade darker to begin with.

Bob