POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.binaries : Lettering in Moray 3.2 : Lettering in Moray 3.2 Server Time
2 Jun 2024 16:06:56 EDT (-0400)
  Lettering in Moray 3.2
From: David A  St  Martin
Date: 21 Sep 2000 20:46:32
Message: <39caabe8$1@news.povray.org>
I'm fairly new to Moray and I'm looking for a way to apply lettering to an
object -- more or less like a decal applied over the base texture.  What I'm
thinking of something similar to what can be done in RayDream -- defining a
shader that has a transparent background and one which can be used over
previously applied shaders.  It seems that the texture modeller allows for
this, but you must carefully scale the material to match the object to which
you are applying it.  Along the way, distortion of text becomes easy.  Is
there a "clean" means of "decaling" the text without going to these lengths.
Like I said -- newbie -- be kind.

Dave