POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My Computer Chair WIP : Re: My Computer Chair WIP Server Time
20 Aug 2024 00:10:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My Computer Chair WIP
From: D J  Brown
Date: 21 Sep 2000 13:12:36
Message: <39ca4184$1@news.povray.org>
It's an isosurface based on a chaotic 5:4:4-dimensional multi-fractal
derived from an isosurface and folded in unto itself around the 3rd and 4th
intersection axi's. I then used my mesh macro to convert it into a
smooth-triangle mesh (so I didn't have to go through the 10 minute parse
each time). Only took me about five minutes to come up with all that and get
it looking right. Think anyone will beleive it?

Anyway, what I really did is I picked up a copy of Rhinoceros (best modeller
I've ever had) and played around with it. Personally, I really hate the
cushion at this point because my chair is really even and smooth, and that
one is lumpy near the front and in the middle. Think anyone will have a use
for a chair in any of their scenes?

D.J.