POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : MTV Logo : Re: MTV Logo Server Time
20 Jul 2024 21:32:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MTV Logo
From: Rune
Date: 21 Sep 2000 11:32:43
Message: <39ca2a1b@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:
> I still have dreams of setting up my own TV commercial
> business on the side

Ahh yes, who doesn't dream about using POV-Ray professionally...

> and wondered what the stations/networks REALLY want.

I'm afraid I don't know, because MTV Top Selection is a special case:

"MTV's Top Selection is taking a giant leap into the twenty first century!
Gone are the days of studios and the tape machines, the show is now totally
designed, developed and transmitted from an ordinary PC."

> And is it really just any kind of AVI?  Or did you have
> to use a program to convert to NTSC-safe colors, etc.?

No, it's not just any kind of AVI. You have to EXACTLY follow these
guidelines (I quote):

"We prefer these formats (avi, mov, swf, gif, jpg, bmp). If your file is not
in one of these formats, try to send it to us anyway, and we will have a
look."

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated July 23)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org