POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Screenshots on homepage for POV texture editor : Re: Screenshots on homepage for POV texture editor Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:25:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Screenshots on homepage for POV texture editor
From: Rob Rainthorpe
Date: 21 Sep 2000 08:22:29
Message: <39c9fd85@news.povray.org>
"Chuck Roberts" <cro### [at] alleganisdorg> wrote in message
> There are now screenshots for the new POV texture editor for
> windows, on the project's homepage. Go to
> http://ute.sourceforge.net .

You didn't specifically ask for problems, but here goes.

1. I've set the location of povray in Prefs. I still get cmdPreview: 76 Path
not found. Clicking OK gives "Stop statement encountered".
2. How many different sizes of button were you trying to fit onto one
dialog?
3. Windows provides several grouping idoms, notably the group-box. The dark
black lines and bold headings are visually distracting.
4. You have a "Use interior/media" checkbox on the left side of the page.
Yet the "Use finish" checkbox is on the Finish sub-page.
5. Is there a difference between "Preview" and "Refresh Preview"?
6. It appears you've painted the Tabbed control onto a generic window's
workspace (the grey background is the clue - but maybe I'm wrong). Have you
considered making the main window a dialog? Just a thought - it should make
designing the GUI a lot simpler.
7. There are trivial positioning problems with the text on the right side of
the Finish page; it would probably be best to use tooltips here and not
clutter up the page. Alternatively provide a small "?" style icon to popup
some help text.
8. A preview of "pre-defined colors" on the Pigment page would be nice. The
preview square only works for "Custom colors".
9. Will "Display POV code" stay in the "Debug" menu?

I'm running the prog on Windows 2000 SP1. The above comments are given in
the full knowledge that the program is in Beta.  It's not perfect today, but
who knows about tomorrow?

Rob.