POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : pipe : Re: pipe Server Time
5 Sep 2024 14:15:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pipe
From: Chris Colefax
Date: 16 Sep 2000 23:15:40
Message: <39c4375c@news.povray.org>

>does anyone know how to make a bent cylinder I am trying to make a bent
pipe
>with different angles in it

Peter Popov <pet### [at] usanet> replied:
> Chris Colefax' object bender comes to mind. Or if you have MegaPOV,
> you can use a sphere sweep. If you don't have it, you can make your
> own sphere_sweep by, well, sweeping a sphere along a path by means of
> a #while loop.

My Object Bender (http://www.geocities.com/ccolefax) does seem to be an
obvious choice, and for certain projects it offers a quick (to use)
solution.  In general, though, it's far from the most efficient method of
creating curved objects - sphere_sweeps seem to fit that bill best if you
have MegaPOV and want extrusions with a circular cross-section.

For more options, you may want to look at my Spline Macro System
(http://www.geocities.com/ccolefax/spline), which lets you declare a spline
path in a variety of ways, and then lets you create objects based on this,
including pipes, coils, linked chains, blobs, and more...