POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Diffuse==0 on edges of step functions in isosurfaces : Diffuse==0 on edges of step functions in isosurfaces Server Time
1 Sep 2024 22:17:56 EDT (-0400)
  Diffuse==0 on edges of step functions in isosurfaces
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 16 Sep 2000 22:15:54
Message: <39c4295a@news.povray.org>
I posted an image in p.b.i. under  the title of "Lines on isosurfaces."
I asked for help about a trivial problem and discovered a more serious
one.  I am using essentially a step function in an isosurface.  I find
that mega refuses to give me any diffuse reflection for this object.

I was using the cells function, I found a similar problem with my
homemade version using ceiling and noise3d.

#declare celly=function{pigment{cells}}
#declare fnoise=16;//40;

isosurface{
                function{y/160-
                celly((x+1000)/fnoise,y/fnoise,(z+1000)/fnoise)
                }
       accuracy 0.01
        threshold  0.0  //  .03
        contained_by {sphere{0,600}