POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : wip needs help : Re: wip needs help: light and the sun (or suns if you are on tatooine) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 11:27:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wip needs help: light and the sun (or suns if you are on tatooine)
From: Darcy Johnston
Date: 16 Sep 2000 18:10:53
Message: <39c3efed@news.povray.org>
"ryan constantine" <rco### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> i like these kinds of conversations.  i would love a source of
> information that had light settings for accurate depiction of various
> wattages of light bulb, and real diffuse settings for matterials, and
> how to depict the sun and sky at various times of day.  maybe a file
> similar in format to the newior.inc would do the trick.  good luck on
> your researching this!

The best I can offer that's even close to this is a bunch of colors for
different types of light. I got the colors from a web page some time back
(can't remember the url) that explained color. It had a list of different
light colors you can expect from different types of light. I used an image
viewer to pull the rgb values since the pages only showed the colors, and
did not give the actualy values.

I'll post the file in p.t.s-c.

Darcy