POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Questions about media : Questions about media Server Time
1 Oct 2024 03:12:43 EDT (-0400)
  Questions about media
From: Darcy Johnston
Date: 16 Sep 2000 17:56:20
Message: <39c3ec84@news.povray.org>
I've run into something I was wondering if someone might be able to explain.
I'm creating planets using image maps form SWMA. I want to have my clouds on
a spearate sphere so that I can have shadows from the clouds for close ups.
My problem is that if I use media as my atmosphere (using scattering and
absorbtion), the atmosphere doesn't tail off the way it should if I use a
2nd sphere for my clouds, but works fine if I just used a layered texture.

I've attached an example, where the only difference between the images is
that planet1.jpg has the clouds as just another in my surface texture, and
planet2.jpg has the clouds as a seperate sphere which is only slightly
larger in radius (1 vs 1.0001).

Thanks,
Darcy

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'planet2.jpg' (13 KB) Download 'planet1.jpg' (12 KB)

Preview of image 'planet2.jpg'
planet2.jpg

Preview of image 'planet1.jpg'
planet1.jpg