POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Explo-2000 (DivX ;-) !) : Re: Explo-2000 (DivX ;-) !) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 19:25:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Explo-2000 (DivX ;-) !)
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 16 Sep 2000 16:11:40
Message: <39c3d3fc@news.povray.org>
"Rick [Kitty5]" <ric### [at] kitty5com> wrote :

> if i hadnt tried divX then i would have agreed with you, its only because
> wanted to watch some arnold movies that i installed the codec, then
thaught
> i would give it a try, boy was i impressed!

    I've been trying it out and a file that is 2500 in my regular avi format
is about 550 in divx, but only about 620 in a similar quality mpeg. Still
have some testing to do, and my eye for quality is not what some people's
might be, but so far I don't see that a few percent reduction in file size
is worth making other people find and download yet another file just to see
my animation. MPEG is a pretty fair standard right now, although I am
curious about mayo...