POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : cutaway-texturing works oddly : Re: cutaway-texturing works oddly Server Time
1 Sep 2024 22:18:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cutaway-texturing works oddly
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 16 Sep 2000 08:56:26
Message: <39c36dfa$1@news.povray.org>
"Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote...
>   I suppose that this is due to how povray handles internally those
objects
> (difference is the intersection of the objects with the second one
> inverted?).

True.

>   Should cutaway_textures bypass the internal representation of the CSG
and
> calculate the texture using it's own algorithm which would be consistent
> with what one expects?

I would say "yes".

>   How difficult would it be?

I'm not sure, but the problem would be differentiating between a
user-created intersection and a pov-created intersection (difference), and
defining good rules that would make sense to users.  Right now it just does
an insidedness test.  Anyone have any ideas?

-Nathan