POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : wip needs help : Re: wip needs help Server Time
1 Oct 2024 11:29:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wip needs help
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 13 Sep 2000 23:52:34
Message: <39c04b82@news.povray.org>
"ryan constantine" <rco### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message

| brilliance was either 1 or 2.  might 'metallic->influence' have
| something to do with this?  the angle of reflection is whatever the
| angle is between the light that bounces near the shadow toward the
| camera.  which affects reflection or highlight angle most; diffuse,
| brilliance, or spec. highlight?

metallic isn't going to make a whole lot of difference about the brighter
region; it's the specular and granite normal doing it, I'm fairly positive,
because it's allowing the highlight to reach around the curvature more than
a non-normal surface would.
As I understand things the brilliance isn't going to show according to light
sources but rather from camera viewpoint, just don't take my word for it
though.

| > And that light with color*2 isn't helping matters I'm
| > sure.
|
| do you think i should change the light to just 'color'?

It's almost certainly making the highlight spread farther, appear brighter,
but that isn't really what's at the root of it.  Must be the specular
highlight and normal.  Chances are that you'll have to drop the bump size
down even more than it already is.

Bob