POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : wip needs help : Re: wip needs help Server Time
1 Oct 2024 05:21:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wip needs help
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 13 Sep 2000 18:09:58
Message: <39bffb36$1@news.povray.org>
> > Your images remind me that I should finish my Falcon-model :-)
>
> yes you should because i want it!
I want it too :-)

> have you been to the site where the
> guy has something like 40 pages of the inconsistancies of the exterior
> and interior sets?  in the end he produces plans for how big the
Sure I have!  Almost all the information I used came from that site!

> exterior should be (the current one is WAY too small), and makes the
> much needed inside layout changes.  i really like the way he did it,
> even if it isn't EXACTLY the way the real interior set was.  if you
> finish the exterior and size it correctly (did you know the ertl/amt
I will, but it's not very likely I make the interior.
What's ertl/amt?  I thought I knew most of the SW-shorts.

> model is all messed up? the outer ring is too tall, the upper and lower
> dishes not deep enough etc.) then i'd like to try and put the above
> mentioned interior inside!  i bet i could literally cram a million
> object inside that model.  btw, what scale are you using?  please say 1
> unit = 1 meter!  if you need more reference pictures, i think i have
I'm not really using a fixed scale right now...
Well, of course I am, but I don't know what it is.  It's about as big as my
previous model was, but I don't know that scale.  But It shouldn't be too
difficult to scale it to 1unit=1 meter.

> about 100.  some are very huge.  i just sent either bob or bill (bill i
I think I have about everything I need to finish it.  Maybe a more detailed
picture of the bottom (for the armor-plating)

> think) a couple even though some one else already had and he was going
> to do the project over because they are great images.  i'm still redoing
I think that 'someone else' might have been me :-)

> my xwing fuselage.  i'm giving up on the solid mesh idea and am going to
> cut out what i need in the original model.  then i'm going to uv map
> images on it to be used as material maps (i hope that's possible), so
If you're using MegaPov (which I believe you are) I recommend you use
image_pattern.  I think it's more flexible.

> the final textures will still be procedural, but each area will be
Oh, in that case material_maps might be more useful.

> defined via the uvmap.  although i've got to fix r2 first.  wish me
> luck.
I wish you luck.

What's your next project?  I believe you once mentioned the DeathStar?

Cu!
ZK
http://www.povplace.be.tf