POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : wip needs help : Re: wip needs help Server Time
1 Oct 2024 05:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wip needs help
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 13 Sep 2000 14:50:17
Message: <39bfcc69$1@news.povray.org>
"ryan constantine" <rco### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
| the really bright areas on r2's head goes right up to the shadow line.
|  notice a blue chunk is missing
| from the middle of his leg.  that leg is a negative copy of the right
| leg, but the right leg doesn't have that part missing.  any ideas why?

The shadow line is most likely caused by a combination of three things in
the finish: diffuse, brilliance, and specular highlighting.  In this case it
looks like the highlight is the culprit most of all, along with a possible
negative brilliance.  And that light with color*2 isn't helping matters I'm
sure.  The strangest thing there is the plate where the electronic eye (?)
is.  Looks like a reflection but doesn't make any sense to me.
The missing part might be either translated wrong, such as not remaining
attached, or perhaps it really is a flaw in the type of part.  I can only
speculate, something I do best.

Bob