POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov is dead. Long live MegaPov+? : Re: MegaPov is dead. Long live MegaPov+? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 04:13:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov is dead. Long live MegaPov+?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 13 Sep 2000 13:16:00
Message: <39bfb650@news.povray.org>
In article <slr### [at] fwicom> , ron### [at] povrayorg (Ron
Parker) wrote:

> It's historical.  I think Nathan is a bit confused on the early history,
> which happened before either of us were on the team, but I sent the code
> for the Superpatch to Chris Young when 3.5 was but a glimmer, and before
> MegaPOV even existed (but after 3.1g existed.)  The actual order of things
> was  POV 3.1g + Superpatch (based on 3.1d) + ...

Actually, it is even more complicated:  POV-Ray 3.5 was based on 3.1d (the
version current at the time development started) and then the bug fixes of
3.1e, 3.1f and 3.1g were merged in as they were made available (Ron, check
out change35.doc in the 3.5 source for the early history).

     Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde