POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : New Glow (296k) : Re: New Glow (296k) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 13:26:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Glow (296k)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 13 Sep 2000 05:22:20
Message: <39bf474c$1@news.povray.org>
"Christoph Hormann" <Chr### [at] schunteretctu-bsde> wrote in
message news:39BE421A.80CBF8D2@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de...

| Just playing with the new glow parameters of Megapov+ 0.3.1.
|
| The animation affects size, fade_power, turbulence warp and color. The
animation
| functions are not much worked out, so things don't fit together very well.

Main thing I can think of is one word: absorption.  Without any these glows
tend to only accumulate the color intensity, so this animation looks like
some sort of hot plasma.  Other effects would always be limited by that
fact.  Well, I'm just making it seem a bad thing to not be media-like
really.  These glows aren't media obviously.  I forgot, all that's needed is
to place dark (negative?) glows in somehow to mesh with the overlapping
bright ones.  Sorry, I get carried away when I have a thought.

Bob