POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov is dead. Long live MegaPov+? : Re: MegaPov is dead. Long live MegaPov+? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 04:17:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov is dead. Long live MegaPov+?
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 13 Sep 2000 01:00:50
Message: <39bf0a02$1@news.povray.org>
"Tony[B]" <ben### [at] panamac-comnet> wrote...

> OK. Let me see if I get this: you mean that you people add the same
feature,
> but you make your own code? You redo the thing from scratch, essentially?
Or
> did I misunderstand completely? I mean, I understand that you don't just
go
> POV 3.1 + MegaPOV = POV 3.5. You just add the important stuff after making
> it 200% bug free, right?

Here's how POV 3.5 was made so far:

Start with POV 3.1 (a?)
Merge in the SuperPatch
Add in POV 3.1g modifications and bug fixes
Change some code from C to C++
Make major changes to input and output
Add a totally new system for Core<=>GUI communication
(notice no MegaPov yet)
Merge MegaPov 0.5a features
Remove some MegaPov features that are unstable and/or buggy
Start modifying MegaPov features to make them better
Add in a few more features
All the while continue to fix a _ton_ of tricky bugs that have been coming
in as bug reports.

That's where we're at now.  There are still many bugs that need to be fixed
and new features that need to be updated/improved and documented.

-Nathan