POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov is dead. Long live MegaPov+? : Re: MegaPov is dead. Long live MegaPov+? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 22:15:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov is dead. Long live MegaPov+?
From: Tony[B]
Date: 12 Sep 2000 20:30:21
Message: <39beca9d@news.povray.org>
> No, while MegaPOV and POV-Ray 3.5 will have some of the same features, the
> code base is *different*.

OK. Let me see if I get this: you mean that you people add the same feature,
but you make your own code? You redo the thing from scratch, essentially? Or
did I misunderstand completely? I mean, I understand that you don't just go
POV 3.1 + MegaPOV = POV 3.5. You just add the important stuff after making
it 200% bug free, right?