POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov is dead. Long live MegaPov+? : Re: MegaPov is dead. Long live MegaPov+? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 22:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov is dead. Long live MegaPov+?
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 12 Sep 2000 18:24:51
Message: <39bead33$1@news.povray.org>
"Chris Huff" <chr### [at] maccom> wrote...

> Nathan's time is currently focused on getting 3.5 out, but MegaPOV is
> still being developed. There will almost certainly not be a version of
> MegaPOV released before 3.5

Actually, smellenbergh and I are working to release MegaPov 0.6, but it will
not include the particle system.  It will probably not include glows,
either, but might if Chris nails down some details and sends word to
smellenbergh.

After that, there will not be any new releases of MegaPov until after the
release of POV 3.5.  And by that time, MegaPov will might even have become
an "experimental" branch of the POV-Ray source-control tree.

-Nathan Kopp