POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sunset - did I succede? : Re: Sunset - did I succede? Server Time
1 Oct 2024 05:17:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sunset - did I succede?
From: Equiprawn
Date: 12 Sep 2000 13:14:25
Message: <39be6471$1@news.povray.org>
Hey,

Thanks.

I tried to fix this before I posted teh image, with a transparent -> black
gradient scaled by 0.2 on the X axis (the sunset you see is mapped onto a
sphere of 500x500x100 units to give it the base lens type shape), but
scaling on that axis made no difference to the shape of the gradient. I had
a look for a post by you on that date, but I don't see it listed?

Equiprawn

Tony[B] <ben### [at] panamac-comnet> wrote in message
> It's very close. You need to tighten the falloff closer to the origin.
Also,