POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : rolling sphericon (74,3KB bu) : Re: rolling sphericon (74,3KB bu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 13:22:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rolling sphericon (74,3KB bu)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 12 Sep 2000 06:09:49
Message: <39be00ed@news.povray.org>
"KalleK" <kal### [at] gmxde> wrote in message news:39bdcc3e@news.povray.org...
| Hi!
| This is my first post.

And a great first post at that.  Fantastic, intriguing.  I think you made a
really good animation out of something that would seem a mere trifle if not
animated.

| It's a geometrical thing i saw in scientifical magazine: two cones with an
| inner angle of 90 degree set together, than you cut one half and turn it
90
| degree around. There is just one surface - somehow a kind of
moebius-thing.
| They said, it would be nice to see it rolling. So i made it.

I can't imagine how you managed to keep it in contact with that conveyor,
unless it's actually simple.  Looks difficult.  Science is wonderful, isn't
it?  :-)  Rather geometry is at least.
If this had some spotlights revolving around, for example, to keep the scene
unevenly lit it would be a great screen saver (well, screen distracter if
not a "saver").  Plus a much better quality would help.

Bob