POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : I'm done... (~93kau) : Re: I'm done... (~93kau) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:21:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I'm done... (~93kau)
From: Tony[B]
Date: 11 Sep 2000 15:08:48
Message: <39bd2dc0@news.povray.org>

Oh, OK. What I wrote was merely sarcastic. Just pullin' your leg. :)

> The contest in question however is not of the "10 best
> images ever done for any purpose," but rather a contest that displays 10
cool
> things that povray can do. I.e., the cover image.

Oh... now I really get it. OK, better. Then it should be easier for me to
get in. So let's review, this image shows boxes, spheres, cones, torii,
bicubic patches, sphere sweeps, phong shading, reflection, normal
perturbation, radiosity, light groups... did I miss anything? I guess all I
need to add is photon mapping, right? I should also see if I can install a
converter, so I can download a model off the 'Net and show that POV can work
with that as well. Oh, and I should add a height-field too. So much work, so
little time...

> Your image may not have the
> most entertaining rationale for bringing 10 things together, but it has a
lot of
> classic cool things.

I guess so. :)

> To Christoph:  cool. the more the merrier!

Yeah!