POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glow logo (40kbu) : Re: Glow logo (40kbu) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 05:20:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glow logo (40kbu)
From: Alan Holding
Date: 10 Sep 2000 12:56:08
Message: <39bbbd28$1@news.povray.org>
Chris Huff <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in message

> 10.5 hours!?!

Yup. :O(

> What processor do you have? And how many glows are in this image?

Intel Celery 333Mhz overclocked to 375Mhz, and there's 7400 glows in this
image.  The original bitmap was 128x77 (which makes 9856, multiplication
fans), but I skipped any black pixels.  No point in producing a black
glow...

> Well, my next version of the patch will be able to bypass some of the
> calculations if the ray is too far from the glow for it to make much
> difference. This should speed this one up by quite a bit. And I have
> added a couple new glow types which should be useful.

I DO think that the long render time is somehow down to my coding (as
mentioned the source is in p.b.s-f).  Either that or my computer is a bucket
of junk.  Probably the latter...

Bye,
Alan.