POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sunset - did I succede? : Sunset - did I succede? Server Time
1 Oct 2024 05:22:10 EDT (-0400)
  Sunset - did I succede?
From: Equiprawn
Date: 10 Sep 2000 09:30:21
Message: <39bb8ced@news.povray.org>
Hey,

This started off as a try at an image using a photo of a sky image mapped
onto a sphere to simulate a real sky, just to see how well I could mix them.
But as I was looking through a stock photo CD of mine to find a good cloud
photo, I came across an image of a cloudless sunset sky. I have tried at
various times before to get the colours right in a sunset sky, and I have
never had much luck. But using the photo as a base, and with the help of
some glows from MegaPovPlus, I think I have hit the mark. Do you agree?

The first image is the original photo, the second is the render. I just
stuck in a quick watery plane to through back some of the colours from the
sky.

Equiprawn

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'SunSetPhoto.jpg' (16 KB) Download 'SunSetRender.jpg' (22 KB)

Preview of image 'SunSetPhoto.jpg'
SunSetPhoto.jpg

Preview of image 'SunSetRender.jpg'
SunSetRender.jpg