POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Wanted: Include file/scene of a Lighthouse : Re: Wanted: Include file/scene of a Lighthouse Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:37:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wanted: Include file/scene of a Lighthouse
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 9 Sep 2000 23:58:43
Message: <39bb06f3@news.povray.org>
"Darcy Johnston" <djo### [at] inamecomNOSPAM> wrote in message

| "Bob Hughes" <per### [at] aolcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote in message
| >
| > Darcy Johnston posted one on Jan. 25th 1999 at p.b.i. titled Lighthouse
| Scene (I knew it was a lady of POV! :-))
| > Apologies to both you, Gail, and Darcy.
|
| How were you able to find post I did on jan 25th, 1999? Odd thing is that
| when I try to do the same, I can't go that far back. I'm using Outlook
| Express. Can anyone help me here? I wouldn't mind being able to go that
far
| back, assuming the servers still have those messages archived.
|
| And for the record, I'm not a lady. :)
| Darcy is name that is used for both maloe and female, kinda like Leslie.
| Funny enough, people keep telling me they always figured it to be a girl's
| name, yet of the Darcys I've personally met (3 other than myself), all
have
| been male (although we didn't all spell our names the same way).
|
| No hard feelings Bob, :)

Gee thanks, I sure hope not, after calling you a girl.  Sorry (nothing
against the female use of the name!)  :-]
Only Darcy I ever knew was a girl in school, that usually causes you to
think the gender is same as other people you've known I guess.  I knew a
Jamie in school too and that was a guy, and a niece of mine is Jaime so when
I hear that name I consider both possibilities.  As far as the name Darcy
goes, not so until now.  My real full first name is Bobby on the birth
certificate and you might know how that one is a gender switching name.  I
know a Bobbie and I've seen that females might even use the "y" spelling
too.  Suppose I've said enough on that OT subject...
I use Outlook too and the thing you might need to do is reset the message
list in Tools/Options/Maintenance tab, Clean Up Now button and Reset; then
wait a terribly long time for it to update  :-(
I think the same would happen if you Unsubscribe and Subscribe again but not
sure about it.  Another possibility why I found that message is that I have
kept posts from way back on the drive here and even though some pruning may
have occurred on these newsgroups (a while back there was mention of a
cleaning house going on) my list still shows up.  Again, I'm not positive of
that.

Bobby