POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Endless Fibonacciness (90KB) : Re: Endless Fibonacciness (90KB) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:20:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Endless Fibonacciness (90KB)
From: Alf Peake
Date: 9 Sep 2000 06:42:31
Message: <39ba1417@news.povray.org>
Tor Olav Kristensen <tto### [at] onlineno> wrote in message

> Alf Peake wrote:
> > Now try playing with the 3rd dimension ;-)
>
> I don't know how to make a 3D dimensional
> Fibonacci pattern.

By 3D I meant something like coniferous seed cones or pineapples.
This can replace the sphere object in my post in p.t.s-f and shows an
alternative method of placing the spheres.

  #declare Angl = radians(Count*Inc);
  sphere{ < sin(Angl)*Rad,
            ThisSpaceForHire,   // <-- Add a function here
            cos(Angl)*Rad >,
            0.1
   }

Alf