POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lightning (3 pics 30kbu) : Re: Lightning (3 pics 30kbu) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lightning (3 pics 30kbu)
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 8 Sep 2000 23:07:07
Message: <39b9a95b@news.povray.org>
The general appearance looks very good to me. Just curious - does your
lightning emit light? I tried adding media to a bolt of lightning to get the
halo effect, but it didn't light up anything around it. (Plus, it looked
like crap.) Maybe adding some bluish-colored fade_power light sources along
the length of the bolt would do the trick, in order to light up the clouds
that the lightning is coming from...

Dave