POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Robot (88kbu) : Robot (88kbu) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  Robot (88kbu)
From: Alan Holding
Date: 7 Sep 2000 21:50:32
Message: <39b845e8@news.povray.org>
Hello, all.

The little fella still isn't finished (hence he's not the 'focus' of this
image), but I thought I'd post this as it's my first radiosity render that's
turned out vaguely OK.

The robot still needs his claws attaching, as well as work to his lower legs
to beef them up a bit.  I spent tonight redesigning his head so that it can
be posed a bit better (rotates in x and y now) - and also nailing down the
script for the poseable power cables.  You can see one coming out of the
rear of his head which snakes around to the power pack on his back.  Managed
to do the cables thanks to a combination of Chris Colefax's spline include
(thanks, Chris!), Chris Huff's vtransform command (thanks, er, Chris!) and
lots, I say, lot of coffee.  Caffeine, that is.

At my current pace of work he should be finished in about a month, and I'll
post the source then.  If anyone wants it, that is...

Comments would be nice. :O)

Bye,
Alan.

Post a reply to this message