POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity test question - radtest.jpg (0/1) : Re: Radiosity test question - radtest.jpg (0/1) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity test question - radtest.jpg (0/1)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 7 Sep 2000 17:08:14
Message: <39b803be@news.povray.org>
"Oldstench" <SPA### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
| On Thu, 7 Sep 2000 15:51:55 -0500, "Bob Hughes"
| <per### [at] aolcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote:
|
| >What's the tube made up of?  How was it created in other words.
| >And you seem to be using official POV-Ray.  Makes a big difference in how
| >radiosity is set up in MegaPov if you have that instead.
| >
| >Bob
| >

| The tube was modelled in Rhino and exported into moray as a .UDO. And
| yes I am using official POV.... Should I be using MegaPov?

Ah ha, well then it might very well be a case of inside-out triangles, but I
don't really know much about that.
Yes, Megapov is the way to go when doing radiosity renders since you can
practically get by with simply a radiosity{} and ambient_light 0 in the
global_settings and not worry too much about the settings.  Defaults do
well.  Still need to invoke the radiosity as usual with a +qr on command
line or ini_option "+qr" in the global_settings block also.

Bob