POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Major bug in MegaPOV Plus? : Re: Major bug in MegaPOV Plus? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 06:12:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Major bug in MegaPOV Plus?
From: Mark Wagner
Date: 7 Sep 2000 01:32:18
Message: <39b72862@news.povray.org>
Chris Huff wrote in message ...
>I suspect there are a couple leaks in the expression
>parsing functions, and maybe two which I added by mistake with the
>turbulence scale patch, but I seem to have been getting leaks since my
>first compile of MegaPOV 0.5a, so it isn't only my code at fault. There
>are probably dozens of small leaks scattered all over the source code.

Last year I went through POV-Ray for Windows (the SuperPatch version) and
got rid of every memory leak the memory-logging function could find.  Most
of the leaks were in SuperPatch features.  The ones I have the fixes for
are:

Spline memory leak
-- Add the following lines to the end of Destroy_Ident_Data
     case SPLINE_ID_TOKEN:
       Destroy_Spline((SPLINE *)Data);
       break;

Memory leak in File:C:\Temp\workarea\SOURCE\Matrices.c  Line: 986  Size:256
 --Problem occurs when a declared object (HF?) is scaled and then instanced
 -- THE BUG:  COPY_OBJECT_FIELDS copies the UV_Trans for an object, but
Copy_Object also does this.  The fix: remove the call in Copy_Object.

One warning about the memory log feature:  It results in about a 30%
slowdown in rendering SkyVase.  Be sure to turn it off when compiling a
release version.

Mark