POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : is radiosity (MP) really necessary? [tot~80KB Jpg] : Re: is radiosity (MP) really necessary? [tot~80KB Jpg] Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: is radiosity (MP) really necessary? [tot~80KB Jpg]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 6 Sep 2000 11:44:21
Message: <39b66655@news.povray.org>
"GrimDude" <gri### [at] netzerocom> wrote in message
| Doh! Nevermind. I went back and read everything you wrote.

The reason for the sky not being a sky_sphere is for when the media is used,
that's where the needed finish comes into play otherwise I wouldn't be using
a regular sphere at all.

| I think what is going on is you have adjusted the scene for similarity
(re:
| rad/no rad). MP rad really kicks in when you have no ambient components.
| Sky_spheres, of course, influence the scene none-the-less (in my
experiments
| anyway), but everything else should be defined as ambient 0, unless you
want
| them to glow/radiate. Adding ambient_light really messes with things.

You guessed that right.  It's all so the two look about the same, excepting
for what I was trying to get the radiosity to enhance.

| You are, of course, free to use artistic interpretation at your own whims!
| :) I'm always playing with such things.

No end in sight to that here also.

Bob