POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Major bug in MegaPOV Plus? : Re: Major bug in MegaPOV Plus? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 00:15:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Major bug in MegaPOV Plus?
From: Rune
Date: 6 Sep 2000 10:34:24
Message: <39b655f0@news.povray.org>
"Chris Huff" wrote:
> Probably a memory leak,

I don't know exactly what a memory leak is, but I can tell you some more
about how MP+ behaved in my case.

Well, I have this animation that doesn't use any MP+ features at all. When I
render it in regular MP everything is fine and the peak memory used is about
the same for every frame.
But when I render the same animation in MP+ the peak memory used increases
rapidly for every frame, like they are added together. This makes it
practically impossible to render a whole animation.

> if you start over from the frame that caused the trouble, things
> should work fine(until it runs out of memory again).

I don't want to start over 20 times to render a short animation.

> > One strange thing is that in the error messages =, !=, and
> > possible other characters are always replaced with square
> > characters ().
>
> Is this a severe problem? I mean, does it actually cause errors,
> rather than just messing up the reporting of errors?

I don't know if they are directly related. Maybe not.

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated July 23)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org