POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : is radiosity (MP) really necessary? [tot~80KB Jpg] : Re: is radiosity (MP) really necessary? [tot~80KB Jpg] Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:21:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: is radiosity (MP) really necessary? [tot~80KB Jpg]
From: GrimDude
Date: 5 Sep 2000 16:33:23
Message: <39b55893@news.povray.org>
Doh! Nevermind. I went back and read everything you wrote.

I think what is going on is you have adjusted the scene for similarity (re:
rad/no rad). MP rad really kicks in when you have no ambient components.
Sky_spheres, of course, influence the scene none-the-less (in my experiments
anyway), but everything else should be defined as ambient 0, unless you want
them to glow/radiate. Adding ambient_light really messes with things.

You are, of course, free to use artistic interpretation at your own whims!
:) I'm always playing with such things.

Grim