POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : I have ONE cloud... : Re: I have ONE cloud... Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I have ONE cloud...
From: Tom Melly
Date: 5 Sep 2000 10:04:50
Message: <39b4fd82$1@news.povray.org>
"gemelli david" <d.g### [at] xlstudiocom> wrote in message
> and I want to make a lot !
> but, the cloud is in a box with various density statements and if I move
> my box, it is, of course, the same. If I move the box before adding
> density, as I thought, it doesn't work (I have density pattern: boxed
> and spherical).
> How can I generate several clouds based on my basic one but with
> variations in their "shape" ? (not sure if it is clear...)

Well, you might get enough variation by rotating and scaling copies of your
cloud - could you union several clouds to get some variation?

However, a better suggestion would be to re-code your cloud code as a macro
with some randomness and/or params for variations.

Alternatively, take a look at Kevin Wampler's clouds in this group, and Mick
Hazlegroves derivations. I'm not sure if the code has been posted, but you
can find a varient of it in my irtc entry, "tmstormc".

BTW Nice cloud.