POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV Logo : Re: POV Logo Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:24:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Logo
From: Chris Colefax
Date: 5 Sep 2000 07:47:33
Message: <39b4dd55@news.povray.org>
Peter Warren <int### [at] halcyoncom> wrote:
> I can't believe I'm saying this to *you* but...needs work.
>
> I think the background distracts from the main image.

I agree it's not the most complicated/detailed of images - really, it's just
an excuse to put the logo shape into an image, hopefully helpling to
stimulate some interest in the logo competition (and actually do some
tracing, which doesn't happen for me very often!).

In that vein, here are a few more variations on the theme...both use similar
code that constructs the logo from other shapes.  In the first case, the
logo is made from smaller versions of itself (and yes, I tried a logo of
logos of logos, with 20,000+ objects - but as is often the case, the results
just weren't worth the effort!).  The second scene (because I couldn't
resist!) is made entirely of julia fractals.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'cc_logo2.jpg' (35 KB) Download 'cc_logo3.jpg' (43 KB)

Preview of image 'cc_logo2.jpg'
cc_logo2.jpg

Preview of image 'cc_logo3.jpg'
cc_logo3.jpg