POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Re: cylindrical camera: unexpected results : Re: cylindrical camera: unexpected results Server Time
3 Sep 2024 02:14:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cylindrical camera: unexpected results
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 5 Sep 2000 00:36:35
Message: <39b47853$1@news.povray.org>
"Peter J. Holzer" <hjp### [at] SiKituwsracat> wrote...
> 1) Change
>         Camera_Aspect_Ratio = ly / lx;
>         Camera_Aspect_Ratio = lx;
>     and
>       x0 /= Camera_Aspect_Ratio;
>       x0 *= Camera_Aspect_Ratio;
>
> 2) Add
> Precompute_Camera_Constants = 0;
>    at the end of the if-block.

Peter,

After carefully reviewing your changes, I agree with your observations.  A
similar change was applied to the other cylinder cameras.  This means that
they will work according to the documentation (which is, I guess, the best
description of how the cameras should work.).  :-)  Also, to be consistent
with the other cameras, the "Precompute_Camera_Constants = 0" line should to
go right before the "break" at the end of the camera's block, not at the end
of the "if" block.  It amazes me that it has been missing for so long!

-Nathan