POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More glow stuff - attached files (1/1) : Re: More glow stuff - attached files (1/1) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:16:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More glow stuff - attached files (1/1)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 4 Sep 2000 19:56:43
Message: <39b436bb$1@news.povray.org>
"Chris Huff" <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in message
| In article <39B41E84.4C0E6F0C@spiritone.com>, Josh English
| <eng### [at] spiritonecom> wrote:
|
| >     Is there a slow down in rendering with a lot of these things? If I
| > tried to do this with light sources that fade out it would take
| > forever,
|
| There is a slow down when using larger numbers of glows, but they do
| render very quickly. The only scene I noticed a significant slow down in
| was the tree scene

Aww, and I started to think that my unfinished Christmas tree might be
finished this year  :-(
It could still work well though because using only a few strategically
placed colored lights could do fine for making the illumination on walls
etc.
It's really the number of pine needles, or the way I applied them, that is a
major drawback parse-wise for that particular tree.
These glow example images are tremendous btw.  Seems people might have done
the same with media and lights before but these images have a quality all
there own.  A frosted glass between camera and subject kind of way.

Bob