POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Isosurface Landscape 2 (71k) : Re: Isosurface Landscape 2 (71k) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:20:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface Landscape 2 (71k)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 4 Sep 2000 09:35:06
Message: <39b3a50a$1@news.povray.org>
"Christoph Hormann" <Chr### [at] schunteretctu-bsde> wrote in
message news:39B39571.86743FA9@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de...

| I think i will stop working on this scene for the moment, here is the last
| rendering i made.  I became much too slow for easy modifications, this
picture
| took about 27 hours to render.

That does seem an awful long time for this.  Surprised to see the memory
goes that high too.
What are the plants made from?  And I don't think I would have noticed some
were floating unless you had said.
I'd bet it's the distant part which is so slow anyway.  Maybe you could opt
for a different angle, such as from lower down and looking through a
crevasse instead.

Bob