POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Solar Sail Flyby (~280k) : Re: Solar Sail Flyby (~280k) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 15:32:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Solar Sail Flyby (~280k)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 3 Sep 2000 15:49:29
Message: <39b2ab49@news.povray.org>
| I really had to kill the AVI settings to get this to a reasonable size.
| Can anyone offer some tips?

Only one that I know with certainty and that is to use frame to frame
consistency, that is to say, very little change between each.  Not exactly
going to help you there because of the panning camera but if you were to
move along with the sail at a slower speed and just let it pass without
turning around that should improve file size somewhat.

The sail is neat but it's illuminated on both sides nearly the same, no
great contrasting difference anyway.  Since that's how it works that might
be something to consider.
I saw Tron again not very long ago and this reminded me of the thing that
traveled on a beam of energy, no idea what it's called.

Bob