POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More glow stuff - attached files (1/1) : Re: More glow stuff - attached files (1/1) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:17:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More glow stuff - attached files (1/1)
From: Rune
Date: 3 Sep 2000 15:43:02
Message: <39b2a9c6@news.povray.org>
"Chris Huff" wrote:
> I haven't tested refraction yet, but they should refract just
> like anything else.

Nice.

> > How does it look when located extremely close to a surface?
> > (Is only part of the glow visible, as it should?)
>
> If nothing is between the glow and the camera, the whole thing
> is visible. Proximity to a surface does not and should not affect
> it, since it simulates atmospheric scattering, not a ball of
> glowing gases.

Oh, I thought it was something with the air around the light being
illuminated, but then, I don't know much about atmospheric scattering...

> could you be more specific about your questions?

No, the information you have provided is sufficient. Thank you!

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated July 23)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org