POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Moon and Stars! OR..,What have I.... : Re: Moon and Stars! OR..,What have I.... Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:19:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moon and Stars! OR..,What have I....
From: 25ct
Date: 1 Sep 2000 06:07:28
Message: <39af7fe0@news.povray.org>
"GrimDude" <vos### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> Well, for one thing Pov takes longer to render when you have the camera
> inside of a non-hollow object? Your image reminded me of a camera inside
of
> a semi-transparent object.
>
> I hope you work it out. :)
>
> Grim

    Hi Grim, you're right. The camera is inside the sphere. I had no idea
this could happen. This explains why I couldn't get a light on it, Doh!
   The next image here is just off the surface, with the scale of the sphere
at 4.1331. So this means also that my 'moon' is inside the large sphere!
Cool! :o)
   Quick question about the magnification; Is it possible to use PoV as a
microscope somehow? I've got 2,000,000+ 'arms' or lines on that sphere and
got down to 3 lines. What the magnification is, I shudder to think.....

  ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Experiment file copy2 .JPG' (11 KB)

Preview of image 'Experiment file copy2 .JPG'
Experiment file copy2 .JPG