POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Webbed toes : Re: Webbed toes Server Time
5 Sep 2024 14:19:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Webbed toes
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 1 Sep 2000 02:54:54
Message: <39af52be@news.povray.org>
"Simon de Vet" <sde### [at] istarca> wrote in message
| Can anyone suggest a convenient method to produce 'webbing' between
| struts? I'm looking for something similar to a frog's foot, where the
| toes are still distinct, yet the webbing blends in smoothly.
|
| I've tried blobs without much luck. This is my first experience with
| hand coded blobs, so I'm not very good at it.

Possible, perhaps, by using negative strength blob components to thin the
webbing out.  So say you had several cylinders with spheres between then add
negative strength spheres above and below each of the positive strength
spheres.  Might have to up the cylinder strengths though.  But it might
work.
If not that then isosurfaces using a image map pigment for the function
should certainly work (maybe).
Or how about sphere sweeps?  If the spheres could be scaled and rotated
correctly enough.

Bob