POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First Post (49.1K) : Re: First Post (49.1K) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:24:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First Post (49.1K)
From: autowitch
Date: 31 Aug 2000 15:55:54
Message: <39aeb84a$1@news.povray.org>
Ryan,

Thank you,

I pry should have mentioned in my original post that this image is the
result of testing elements for other scenes, so there is no historical
accuracy at all.  The blocks are actually part of a temple that I am
rendering.  It sits outside roofless, with most of the walls collapsed.
It's still pretty much in the early stages of development.  If anyone is
interested (or more likely, if I get an image that I like), I can post it
here as it develops.

The column segments are my own creation.  The texture is surprisingly
simple.   The worn parts are just a stone texture.  The writing is an image
mapped cylinder.  I use an isosurface to make it more interesting and
difference the two together to make the final object.
--
duncan gold [TurboPower Software]