POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Isosurface Landscape (64k) : Re: Isosurface Landscape (64k) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:23:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface Landscape (64k)
From: Mark Wagner
Date: 29 Aug 2000 23:48:14
Message: <39ac83fe@news.povray.org>
Margus Ramst wrote in message <39A### [at] peakeduee>...
>I haven't seen such formations first-hand and can't comment on the realism.
The
>mesa (?) seem to made of some sedimentary rock like sandstone, aren't they
>usually made of harder rocks like granite? But I really don't know, and it
looks
>good as is.

Having just returned from a vacation to the southwestern United States, I
can definitively state that the real thing is far more impressive.  The only
major problem with this picture is that the striping on the cliffs is too
regular.

As for the rocks, the rock formations in the southwest are formed almost
exclusively from sandstone and other sedimentary rocks.  Granite is usually
found only in the bottommost layers of the formations.

Mark