POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Zippo (40 kb) ...my first serious try : Re: Zippo (40 kb) ...my first serious try Server Time
1 Oct 2024 11:27:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Zippo (40 kb) ...my first serious try
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 28 Aug 2000 20:52:42
Message: <39ab095a@news.povray.org>
"Peter Pfahl" <pet### [at] gmxde> wrote in message news:39a47a38@news.povray.org...

| This is the first real scene I did with Rhino and PovRay, so I'd like what
| you pro's think about it!

Not a "pro"... but I pretend a lot.
My first thought is I hope you have the real thing available for doing the modeling
and texturing
from, otherwise it's all guesses and that can turn out totally wrong.  Real life
objects don't fare
well when photorealism is wanted and you go by memory.  Artistic renderings are a
different story.
For instance, the inside of the lid there could either be nearly black and featureless
or somewhat
bright in parts from reflected light.  You seem to have a in-between there.
Anyway, I think it's a good scene to be doing.  A lighter is yet another thing I have
yet to make
myself and always wanted to do one.  There are several things that seem perfect
subject matter for
this ray tracing and that's one of them.
Ever find a flame?  I have made one (and many more) for a candle-lit scene I did a
little while
ago.  Seems I posted it to the p.t.s-f. group...  no, apparently not.  So I'll post it
there now,
subject Small Flame.

Bob