POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Vrml (including textures) to pov : Vrml (including textures) to pov Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:22:43 EDT (-0400)
  Vrml (including textures) to pov
From: Henryk Mueller
Date: 28 Aug 2000 11:43:29
Message: <39aa88a1@news.povray.org>
Hi folks,

As I learned from my previous posting POV-Ray is capable of wrapping bitmaps
around 3D objects.

But why is there no vrml-2-pov converter out there that can convert the
texture definitions from VRML scene files to POV? Or do I just don't know
the right one? Btw, currently I'm using the VRML2POV converter.

Let me tell you the problem I'm dealing with:

I simply need to ray trace some VRML files. The best freeware ray tracer I
know is POV ray. But I can not convert my VRML Files to POV Ray. :-(

Other solution. Maybe you know a ray tracer that can handle vrml files, is
freeware, and source code is also available???

Thank you for any help!

Henryk