POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Are we there yet? (~36kau) : Re: Are we there yet? (~36kau) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:25:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Are we there yet? (~36kau)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 27 Aug 2000 23:09:09
Message: <39a9d7d5@news.povray.org>
"Xplo Eristotle" <inq### [at] unforgettablecom> wrote in message

| I forget what minimum_reuse does, but it's described in there.

Yep, it's something to do with sampling space I guess you could call it.  Some kind of
basis for
proximity from one sample to the next which considers the pixel resolution you're
using.  Something
like that.  I've always thought of it as a sample to sample distance factor anyhow.
That default
is a percentage of the resolution seems to me.  So for a 640 by 480 that might be 9.6
by 7.2 pixels
range.
But like I say, that's my interpretation.  Reading the documentation is one thing,
understanding it
is another.

Bob